Sunday, January 25, 2009

Strip Search

Here is the Strip Search Quilt. I loved making this quilt. It took 1 noodle(Hancock's version of a jellyroll) or 39 2 1/2" strips. I did learn a more precut strips from Hancock's. I love the colors,but this roll was 2 1/4" strips. I had to change the pattern to make it work. Instead of 10 1/2" and 12 1/2" squares, I cut 8 1/2" and 10 1/2" squares. It still is a beautiful quilt. The back is strip pieced. I hate dealing with large pieces of fabric. Plus it uses up fabric that I wonder what was I thinking.
Here is a block made out of the right size strips. This will give my students an idea of the true size of the block. It is totally made from strips that are in my scraps strips. I cut strips from all the remaining fabric when cutting out quilts and have them ready for projects.

Koozies made from headliner fabric. I have to say these are easy and useful. I also have Modern Art With Fabric top is finished and hanging at the Sewingly Yours. After my class in February I will bring it home and quilt it.I forgot to take pictures. I will take a picture next time I go.

No comments: